Here I am at BYU, Provo in 776 N 900 E. My email is wisety@gmail.com and I don't have good phone access. I have 16 units and I'm working hard. Here's a journal entry I wrote that sums up my first week pretty well:
-Sept 7, 10:00 PM
Oh, the days are wonderful here. My God has blessed me so abundantly. The previous renters in our rooms left behind some things. I acquired two nice warm jackets, each almost as good as the one I already had. I found a good pair of Sunday shoes that fit me perfectly and are comfortable (for Sunday shoes). I found a printer and a walkman, but I don't know if they work yet. I found a few nice shirts/sweaters my size. I found cinnamon and paprika, some canned green beans that are probably still good, salt, tater tots (an unopened bag), mustard, pickle relish, mayo, rolls (the pop-open cans), plastic bags (sandwich and shopping), and of course tons of silverware, plates, bowls, knives, a cutting board, pans, tupperware, etc. WOW!
My roommates are so nice, Seth loaned me bread while I didn't have any, and then refused my offer to buy him more. He does all the dishes (which I hate) and drives me to go shopping. He helps me with anything he can, basically, and we're getting to be good friends. James is never around, but when he is, he's pleasant, as are the next-door neighbors. As of yet, we don't have a fourth roommate, which gives us more room in the kitchen and shower.
I now have at least four close friends: Paul (from San Diego), Seth, Nathan (he and I talk Java together), and Michael (met at Saturday night conference and got on quickly with eachother). Seems like I meet a friendly new someone every day! Today I met five people, and we talked together at the ward dessert social until after everyone else had left!
The Spirit is strong here. Besides some teachers having prayers or even hymns before each class, we have a “devotional” every Tuesday in the Marriot Center (houses about 20,000) and sometimes hear the Apostles speak directly from our own pulpit. Today I came early and sat 7 rows away from Brother Holland! This Saturday and Sunday might be the first time in my life that I've been moved to tears two nights in a row!
No comments:
Post a Comment